I’ve come to the realization recently that beauty and fashion are quite expensive hobbies to maintain. When you’re as into beauty and fashion as I am, there’s always a new lip product you HAVE to try out or a new “it” bag that will go perfectly with your wardrobe. I guess this is kind of a blessing and a curse at the same time. It keeps me on my toes and always entertained, which is what a hobby is supposed to do, but my wallet has seen better days.
You see, I have a slight weakness when it comes to both of these things. My boyfriend calls it an addiction. I prefer to call it a weakness. It seems less severe this way and no one tries to stage an intervention for your weaknesses (I hope not anyway. I’m not ready to give up makeup and clothes just yet.). He calls it an addiction because I have been known to be slightly over-dramatic if I see something I really want. Doesn’t everyone throw temper tantrums and say they’ll die if they can’t have something? I thought so. I always tell myself that I NEED to have this one thing to complete my wardrobe (whatever that thing may be) and once I have that, I’ll be done and won’t need anything else for a while. Then, after I get it, something else magically pops onto my list again almost immediately. Funny how that works, huh?
Well, these are the things I am currently NEEDING right now and my life will be complete once I have them (for the foreseeable at least…and by foreseeable, I mean until I open up a magazine again or go to the mall).
1. Jean Jacket: I have been on the hunt for the perfect jean jacket for as long as I can remember. I’ve ordered a couple online (from J.Crew and Gap), but every time I try it on they’re always too boxy, not the right shade, or too short. I’ve recently come across this one from Aritzia with faux leather sleeves. It’s not exactly what I initially wanted, but I find myself daydreaming about it so I think I may go for it or something similar.
2. Espadrille flats: I think these are so cute and versatile. I walk a lot because I like in a city and take our dog on frequent walks, so these would be great since they’re fashionable and comfy. I would be ecstatic to have these ones by Chanel, but they’re way out of my price range. These ones by Tory Burch are adorable and more in my budget.
3. Sunglasses: I never used to be a fan of these clubmaster style sunglasses, but I’ve come around to it this year. I like these ones because they’re kind of a cross between clubmaster sunglasses and cat eye ones.
4. Oversized gold watch: I used to have a watch similar to this one, but it got pretty dinged up since I’m not the most careful person when it comes to my clothes and accessories (I really need to work on this). Because of this, I’m in the market for a new one. I can’t decide if I want a rose gold one or a yellow gold one, but I’m thinking yellow gold is a safer choice.
5. Floral Tee: I would live in this t-shirt if I had it. I have visions of myself wearing it casually with a pair of boyfriend jeans and out to a nice dinner with a leather pencil skirt. The possibilities are endless.
6. Statement Necklace: This necklace would go with so many shirts and dresses in my closet. I always love the look and feel a good statement necklace can give to an outfit, but I don’t have nearly enough in my wardrobe. That needs to change ASAP.
7. Overall skirt: I was OBSESSED with my overalls when I was younger because I thought they were easy and fun to wear. I realize that these are one of those fashion items that not everyone may find appealing, but I’m really wanting right now. I like the overall skirt from this inspiration photo because it brings some femininity to an otherwise masculine item.
8. Printed Clutch: I think this is another one of those items that some may hate, but I just go gaga over. I like that the floral print gives it a vintage, more mature feel, while the graphic print adds a modern touch. I think it’s one of those pieces that could take a simple outfit to the next level.